Thursday, September 17, 2009

Time Away...


Sometimes it's good to take a break and have a change of scenery. It's even better when the change of scenery is at Penn State. I'm hoping for a relaxing weekend that includes a few Woodchucks and a couple wings at Champs.

Colin doesn't remember living there, he was one when we moved, but I often wonder what our life would be like if we made different choices.

Heck, I wonder if I would even be scrapbooking now. Although I did have a stellar room that would have made a GREAT scrapbook room in our old house.

So I am back in my home town, working in the community that I grew up in and raising my son with so many of the things that I loved when I was a kid.

I'm coaching soccer, working full time, and scrapbooking to my hearts content.

I'm learning to take better photographs, thinking about what I want to be when I grow up, and trying to take as many Disney Vacations as I can sort of afford.

I'm continuing to learn how to take care of a little boy who has special instructions, a husband who has his own set and a family that at times is a bit atypical. (Did I mention that my sister is getting married on Monday, we think?)

I'm learning that I can't do it all and that I need to ask for help, say that I made a mistake and constantly remind folks that I am not as "perfect" as I seem.

So sometimes when I feel a bit guilty for scrapbooking instead of grocery shopping I remind myself that this is how I take care of myself. This is how I make myself take a break and without it....I would be completely lost right now.

Paper and glue doesn't ask me for anything, photos of my family remind me that they also do nice things and most importantly...it's quiet in this little room.

Man do I love when it is quiet.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this today, I think this post really made me think. Think about finding the right balance between this hobby and the rest of my life.

I found Emilie's blog after meeting her at CKC Valley Forge when I was volunteering for Stacy Julian last year. She showed me where they were selling Heidi Swapp chipboard letters and I knew that if we lived near each other, we would be insta friends.

Fast forward to this girl moving to this coast, an all day crop, and then moving even closer and I was right. Insta friend. I admire her so much for making this decision and if you haven't had time to read the comments, I encourage you to do so. It is really cool to hear how many people she has inspired by her approach to life and her priorities.

It's just very cool.

So this weekend I am going to enjoy time with my family, cheer for one of my favorite teams, (my other favorite is the green soccer team), and take tons of photos.

And I'm going to scrapbook them when I get home. :-)

1 comment:

Unused Account said...

Thanks for the amazing support.
And you were SO right....we were bestie friends from the start and will be for a long time!

Here's to instant friendhsip, finding balance and Disney Vacations galore!