Thursday, January 1, 2009

So I am thinking of this guy today....


It was 12 years ago at this time that my father was sick and passing away. There is just always something about this time of year that makes me think of the details leading up to his passing. So as I contemplate new beginnings, and things that I want to work on in 2009, I am reminded of where I have been and what I have experienced. Somehow I always find the strength to get through another year even though it all still seems so fresh.
One of the things that I want to work on this year is slowing down. I want to appreciate all of the people that are a part of my life and all of the little details that make each day hectic, crazy and special at the same time. You just never know what is going to happen the next day so it makes sense to try to make each day count.
I of course want to be more organized, get in better shape, eat better, sleep more, save money, be nicer, less sarcastic, on time, have more fun, take care of myself and relax. However, I think all of those things will come if I give myself permission to slow down every once in awhile.
So here's to 2009, may all of your hopes and dreams come true this year for you and your family!

1 comment:

Shermin said...

I'm sorry about your dad, it does takes a mighty lot of courage to pick up that photograph and scrap it. :)