Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Canvas....

Photobucket

This was a gift for my sister in law. Is it bad that I kind of wanted to keep it? I have been meaning to make a canvas for our home (since I really need to get on the ball and finish decorating), but it feels way better to give than to receive.

To make this I got my Iris box of scraps and pulled all of the vintage papers that I liked as well as a few red accents. I had found some vintage labels at a stamp show awhile back and hadn't really found a use for them...until now!

I cut my circles in various sizes and just started adding circles till I felt like it was done. Sorry that there isn't more of a science to it, I wanted it to feel a little random. I did place my red accents on purpose to make my visual triangle and added buttons to connect some of the circles and "ground" others.

That's it!

Seriously, it was a lot easier than I thought and I can't wait to make another!
I used regular acrylic paint as my base and I used Gloss Gel as my glue and sealer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!! I did a canvas, it was fun. My flower fell off, I need to rethink using a glue dot and maybe just sew it on w/a button, but other than that, it's held up for 2+ years. Go for it, make one for yourself!!