Friday, May 30, 2008

At the very last minute....

I decided to submit my entry for the Scrapbooker of the Year Contest. I had gone back and forth about this contest for awhile. It is so much work and I thought maybe I would focus my energy on other projects. Well I just had this nagging feeling and I couldn't shake it. So ultimately I finished up my entry and overnighted it on Wednesday afternoon 4:17pm to be exact. It was due on Thursday by 5pm. Needless to say, I was cutting it close. I'm glad I completed it, I'm happy with my layouts and my article, and at the very least I have some additional experience getting my materials together for submission. However, there were a few causalities. I broke a cuttlebug sandwich plate, threw away some embellishments that I had adhered and didn't work, and caused my room to look like a bomb exploded. It wasn't pretty. But it's done. Now I wait. Here are a few pics of the disaster area that was my scrapbook room. I have since cleaned up the mess and reorganized. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

No comments: